Looking For A Home

CHS provides a range of housing, including homes for:

  • families and single people on low incomes
  • people needing support and care, including: young, older and homeless   people, young single parents with babies, women fleeing domestic violence,   people with learning disabilities and mental health problems

We also provide:

  • shared ownership homes for people to buy

If you need to move (including where you already have a tenancy with CHS), Home-Link is the new way of accessing Council and Housing Association properties across the Cambridge sub-region. All available properties are advertised every fortnight on the website and in a property magazine distributed across the sub-region. Applicants are asked to say which properties they are interested in (known as making a bid). The property will usually be let to the applicant who has been in the highest housing need for the longest time and who meets the advertising criteria. For more information, please visit the Home-Link website or contact your local Council.

A small number of our housing schemes are subject to Local Lettings Plans.  These set out the additional criteria used to allocate these properties when they are advertised on the Home-Link website. The Local Lettings Plan are listed below and there is a link to them from the properties advertised in Home-Link.

 Lettings Plan George Pateman Court 

Renting A Home

Most of our general needs rented properties are let to people that register with the Home-Link scheme and express an interest in a home. You will need to be registered on Home-Link through your local council to be considered for a home. Contact phone numbers for the councils are as follows:

  • Cambridge City Council - 01223 457000
  • Fenland District Council - 01354 602155
  • Hereward Housing Association (for East Cambridgeshire District Council) - 0845 850 5757
  • Huntingdonshire District Council - 01480 388388
  • South Cambridgeshire District Council - 08450 450051
  • Uttlesford District Council - 01799 510376 (Home Option Choice Based Lettings Scheme)

If you are already a tenant you may need to move because of a change in your housing need eg. medical grounds, a change in family size, overcrowding, or a change in your place of work. Please speak to your housing officer if you would like to discuss a move, for which you will need to register with Home-Link.

Click on image below for Homelink website

And if you want to find someone to swap homes with, click on the image below to go to the HomeSwapper website.

[ back ]


Chat Live now!

Chat now with CHS

Sorry LiveChat is only available during normal office opening hours, Monday to Friday